- Maintenance/bug fixes/improvements for existing network stack code.
- Design and implement new network features.
- Document and present software designs to the network team and other teams.
- Maintain current test software and create new test software.
- Conduct analysis of reported bugs by capturing and analyzing packet traces.
- Learn about networking protocols and refer to networking RFCs as needed.
- Create and maintain design, test and user documentation as needed.
- Up to 10% travel; domestic and international. Valid passport required for international travel.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 5-8 years of experience developing in C or C++.
- Knowledge and/or experience of standard network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, TLS/SSL, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Solid understanding of synchronization mechanisms such as events, mutex, locks, and semaphores.
- Understanding of POSIX socket APIs.
- Experience developing or debugging multi-threaded software.
- Experience with real-time and/or embedded systems with constrained resources.
- Able to contribute both individually and within a team.
- Experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Able to use network protocol analyzer for software/coding validation and debugging/troubleshooting.
- Low-level device driver development.
- Multiprocessor/multi-core software development.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com