As a Cloud Data Architect, you are an experienced professional with unique knowledge and recognized expertise in multiple business and technical domains including enterprise architectures, standards and the research and experimentation of current and evolving trends.
You will review and perform complex business analyses and support the software development cycle using appropriate technologies to support department and company objectives. You will perform and review complex enterprise architectures and standards, focusing on cloud-based application and data architectures.
- Network with senior internal and external personnel across multiple areas.
- Define long-term plans for IT evolution partnering with other IT leadership with a focus on creating well-informed application and data architecture strategies.
- Regularly evaluate cloud services, frameworks, and best practices.
- Work closely with IT Security to adopt and implement application and data security best practices.
- Support development teams in the selection and use of data technologies and practices.
- Work with the application teams to define and implement roadmaps for services and applications as we transition to the cloud.
- Participates in the development of a common, enterprise-wide cloud strategy.
- Review adherence to our selected architectural principles, standards, and tools through architectural reviews and/or testing.
- Help to maintain compliance with regulations (e.g. JSOX, HIPAA, COPPA) with regard to areas like security frameworks, control systems, etc.
- Participate in architectural assessments (along with Chief architect and other architects) to drive reusability and adoption.
- Assess technical architectures, infrastructures, and applications to identify opportunities to document and define reusable processes, components, objects, and data.
- Define and document processes, services, data, and objects to ensure that technical solutions take advantage of defined standards and ensure interoperability between and across solutions.
- Assist the overall architect team in developing the foundational frameworks for the creation and delivery of software and infrastructure services in areas like:
- Serverless Applications, Containers, tools, and standards, including monitoring, SLAs, security.
- Infrastructure layers to support services, working closely with the infrastructure teams
- Security (application and infrastructure layers)
- Enterprise-scale Cloud Integration Platforms.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience in design and implementation of enterprise applications, IT architectures, IT modeling.
- Experience in the development of a common, enterprise-wide cloud strategy.
- Wide-ranging professional experience, including proven experience participating in work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Experience in multiple technical and business domains including Oracle, Microsoft, and Open Source technologies.
- Proven track record as a team or project team significant contributor.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture constructs.
- Full understanding of software lifecycle for both package and custom-developed software.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.